The latex glue is not limited to a few applications. You can use it across a wide array of applications. Latex glue is widespread for its perfect adhesive properties, which help the job to get done in a tidy and hassle-less manner. You can apply the latex glue directly from the bottle using a paintbrush. Alternately you can use a putty knife on wood, rubber, cork, felt, textiles and cardboard.
Let’s have a look at the benefits of Latex Glue (กาว ลาเท็กซ์, which is the term in Thai).
- You can use latex glue on several applications like paper, cloth, parquet etc.
- It is easy to use, irrespective of the surface being smooth or rough.
- It can be used in any job involving a complex structure.
- The latex glue helps to get the job quickly.
- It is cost-effective.
- When applied on both sides, the latex glue forms a tight bond to keep both the items attached tightly.
- Latex glue is also available in liquid form.
Let’s look at some precautions to take while using latex glue.
- You should store latex glue at room temperature in a dry place.
- Ensure the latex glue doesn’t enter your body through your mouth or eyes.
- Since the odour of the glue will upset the respiratory tract, you should use latex glue in a well-ventilated area.
- Don’t use latex glue for attaching heavy items. The glue doesn’t create a solid bond to lift heavy weights.
- Before using the latex glue, you should check its type and properties. The strength and other properties vary as per the type of glue, so it’s essential to choose the right kind.
- Any individual using the latex glue should be sufficient knowledge of how much quantity of glue will be required for the job to ideally bond two objects.
- Latex glue, if used on paper, may slightly discolour it. Therefore, you should try a test bond using some scrap material and then use it on the final project.
Latex glue is mainly used to glue laminates, wood, carpets, and flexible objects. The bond created with latex glue is not durable or intense, so it shouldn’t be used for heavy objects. Latex glue should be stored at room temperature and in a dry place. It is said that latex glue doesn’t perform well in cold locations. Overall, latex glue is a versatile adhesive that can be used in many applications.